Sunday, February 2, 2014

Argo (2012)

Long time no see, lots of movies to describe.

This time, Argo,a movie depicting the problems between US and Iran after the 79 revolution.
I remember it, I remember learning to read english and french by reading Newsweek and L'Express, where they extensively wrote about what was going on.
After watching the movie, it felt a good movie had gone down the "a little naive" path away from reality, because of the way the Canadians were depicted. I guess I was right, after reading about what went on.
Nevertheless, it's a great movie, not to be missed.
The fear they felt is the same someone from the West can get when they cross the border to a muslim country, not knowing their language, their culture, watching them look at you with something you may define as "hatred". 
In truth, things are not quite like that, but this is the fear that drives mistrust, that drives hatred between Men.

I'll give it a 4 out of 5.

No comments: