Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Horse Whisperer (1998)




Funny old world.. today I sat down after a 2 week holiday, and wasted that I was, allowed the TV switch to be on for more than 10 seconds and... a movie was playing. The Horse Whisperer. I watched it until the end, suffering the pain of 3 or 4 20 min breaks (fuck the SIC management for that), and ended up with a great movie, for a few reasons.

1 - One of my favorite actresses of all time, that I discovered with the English Patient (Kristin Scott Thomas), was the main actress.

2 - Scarlett Johansson has a great teenage role, and I know *EXACTLY* how she felt, being handicapped for life.

3 - Montana is the set. Montana is my favorite spot in the entire world. I would go live there, any day. I hope I will live there, some day.

4 - Robert Redford is directing and acting, and.. he managed to actually end an American movie in a non-standard way. Meaning, it does not end *that* well.


I'd say, 5 ***** stars.

It's a pity I ignored it for so many years, and a pity I missed the beginning, but I'll get the DVD and watch it properly.

No comments: