Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Da Vinci Code (2006) [NO OSCAR]

Nothing like watching a movie that I'd sware I'd seen (but hadn't).
I've read the book when it first launched, because it came up in exactly the same moment I was studying the Catarism, all that was going on in Southern France in the XI,XII,XIIIth century when a few ppl discovered that women, when treated equally, chould share the burden of men, and turn societies in wonderful ways of living. For that, they were mostly destroyed. With them, was the Graal.
The Knights of the Temple of course, came to play, since they found the Graal in Jerusalem, whatever it was. Portugal and Spain had also major roles in this.

It was a nice movie to watch, although nowadays I don't remember the book so well anymore.
Great photography (although Angels and Demons excelled), Tom Hanks does great, the french actress not so much, until we find that the director wanted exactly that, to show, not a strong woman, but a feeble one. The final at the Louvre is excellent, although it comes too easy and too fast. May be Dan wanted that.
Anyway, a must see.
I've been in Paris in December, at night, walking around the pyramid, and it's just marvelous.
The shown churches are flabbergasting, as well as the statues, that for the most part, as I know of, are true, although.... filmed in other Templar churches !

No comments: