Monday, July 25, 2011

This it it (2009)



Being a fan of the Michael of the early days (Farewell my summer love, Off the Wall, Thriller), I was in shock when he died in the Summer of 2009.
The concert came out late 2009, but I just couldn't watch it, as I thought it would sadden me too much.

Today I watched it, together with my kiddo.

From what I saw, it was going to be an amazing show.

I never believe 100% of media says, and so I didn't believe a lot of the crap the media stated about Michael, e.g. the way he was physically and mentally weak, in those months prior to his death, and how he died because of that.

If there is one thing that catches your eye is his energy, his peace on stage, his relaxed posture. There's no way someone who was mentally or physically weak could dance and sing and act and talk like he was talking days or weeks before dying.

A shame he was killed that way.

For sure, this is a movie, or should I say, a documentary, worth watching, and rewatching, every few years.

5 stars.

No comments: